Welcome to First Grade
School Begins - Monday, August 19th. Students can arrive on campus at 8:30 am.
School Hours - 8:45 - 2:55 pm.
Class Lists - will be posted on the office window at 4:00 pm on August 16.
Early Release Wednesdays begins on August 28.
FIRST DAY INFO:
* Please come into the classroom at 8:45 to make a dismissal name tag for your child. We want to know how your child will get home after school on the first day. Regular dismissal instructions will be included in the school folder.
*Label all your classroom supplies.
* You may send a small snack for your child to have at recess.
* Your child may bring lunch or buy it at school. You can prepay online or use the payment box in the office.
* Your child can bring a lightweight backpack (please no rolling backpacks).
* Check the school homepage for the first grade supply list.
* Bring a smile! It will be fun!
Language Arts - Benchmark Advance
Reader's Workshop, Phonics, Grammar,
Reading Comprehension, Reading Strategies,
Guided Reading, Vocabulary, High Frequency Words
We will be working on sight word fluency all year.
The words do not follow any phonics rules, so they must be memorized by sight.
Click here to view the 1st grade high frequency words:
Writing - Step Up to Writing & Writer's Workshop
Opinion, Narrative, and Informative Writing
Topic Sentence, Details, and Conclusion
Math - California GO Math!
Ch. 1 & 2: Addition & Subtraction Concepts
Ch. 3 & 4: Addition & Subtraction Strategies
Ch. 5: Addition & Subtraction Relationships
Ch. 6: Count & Model Numbers
Ch. 7: Comparing Numbers
Ch. 8: Two Digit Addition and Subtraction
Ch. 9: Measurement & Time to the Hour and Half Hour
Ch. 10: Organizing & Representing Data
Ch. 11 & 12: 3D and 2D Geometry
Science - NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards)
Structure & Function: Plants and Animals
Space: Star Patterns and Cycles
Waves: Light and Sound
Social Studies - Harcourt
Unit 1 - Rules & Laws
Unit 2 - Where People Live
Unit 3 - We Love Our Country
Unit 4 - Our Changing World
Unit 5 - All About People
Unit 6 - The Marketplace
*Visual arts standards are integrated within our core subjects*